Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Owen Lowe

Default abbreviations

In article ,
Mike Berger wrote:

Then there's the ambiguity. Some of us have more than one interest.
While you might think SCMS is a sliding compound miter saw, most of
the world (that is familiar with the term) knows it as the
Serial Copying Management System. And why do some of you need
row address strobes (RAS) in your shops? Just what are you
refreshing? If you use TS for table saw, how can TM (t) be
tape measure? Shouldn't it be table miter?

Been posting to the "wreck" for... oh,what's it been... 8 years, maybe.
And, to this day I still read WW2 as World War 2. Not that I had any
experience with the Great One, just that's what's ingrained in my brain
cells. (For those not knowing, WW2 refers to the Forrest Woodworker 2
saw blade.)

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Place a sign, easily seen as you switch on your lathe, warning you to remove any and all rings from your fingers. Called degloving, extended hardware can grab your ring and rip it off your finger. A pic for the strong of stomach: www.itim.nsw.gov.au/go/objectid/2A3AC703-1321-1C29-70B067DC88E16BFC/index.cfm

Besides, rings can easily mar the surface of a turning as you check for finished smoothness.