Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default O.T.Poster's Intellect

On 5 Jan 2006 17:09:20 -0800, "
wrote:

As a data point, Einstein was an incredibly stubborn man. So was Isaac
Newton. They're not exactly on my list of morons... (No, I don't have
links to loads of quotes opining that either one of them were stubborn
- it's just an observation I made after reading their biographies.)

I tend to think Bush is smarter than people give him credit for (well,
at least his detractors) and my basis for that is his dry wit. I find
him pretty humorous when he's throwing off-the-cuff remarks about. He
was quite witty during the 'town hall' debate with Gore in 2000. And
Bush really out-debated Gore who was being flagged as the brilliant
intellectual and debater.

Letting his opponents brand him as a moron has worked out well for him.
It's fairly difficult to warn people to be wary of someone you've
repeatedly called a moron.

In some ways..he reminds me of Winston Churchill. Often times called a
drunk, with at least one memorable reply..he lead England quite well
during a time of great need.

Lady Astor, aghast at a party. "Mr. Churchill you're drunk!"
Mr. Churchill: "And you, Lady Astor, are ugly. As for my condition, it
will pass by the morning.
You, however, will still be ugly."

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."
Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."
--Churchill's reply

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,