Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport
Dave Plowman (News)

Default 'Steam' powered cars...

In article . 170,
Adrian wrote:
The Natural Philosopher ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Indeed. And, when you add in the 70% charging losses estimated
elsewhere,

Drivel. That IS drivel. About 5% charging and about 2% discharging.
Real world figures. Not wavy hand magic estimates.

Furry muff. Thought I'd seen 70% (although I think I meant efficiency,
therefore 30% charging losses - mea culpa) quoted elsewhere in the
thread.

The losses involved in converting say natural gas running a power station
to a charged battery might well be around 70%. They're certainly far more
than 5%.

--
*You can't teach an old mouse new clicks *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.