Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
gfulton

Default O.T.Poster's Intellect

"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hawke wrote:

I have to admit that I can't remember where I came across the correlation
between stubbornness and lack of intelligence. Maybe it came from the
comparisons of the stupidity of a mule which goes along with it's
stubbornness. On the other hand, it's more likely that I read that
somewhere
for a psychology class I took.

Hawke

I think you are mistaken about the "stupidity" of the mule. From all
I've heard from "equine" folks (maybe not mule skinners) the mule is
a lot smarter than a horse. Now stubborn, maybe. :-)
...lew...

A mule is smarter than a horse in one particular. If a horse gets into a
bin of sweet feed, (molasses-grain mixture that horses and mules both
crave), he'll eat until he makes himself sick to the point of dying in some
cases. A mule won't do that, he'll always stop before he sickens. I have
this on what I consider very good authority from my stepfather who was quite
a horse person. A vet that came to treat one of his horses once told me the
same thing. Useless information, but there's been a hell of a lot of that
passed around on this newsgroups lately.

Garrett Fulton