Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Announce - Open Source CNC website

"tanks" Don -

IIRC, I got those many moon ago when Schlumberger was funding some development
of these and modem utilities. 1980 - 85 ish. I did have that 3 ring binder - but it
likely got mildew and dumped. Rats. took a quick scan - and my little IT book is not
to be found. Such is life. At the time, IBM email was really different than many of
us on other nets - they changed externally - not sure internally due to the
software design. Kinda fun days in the early net - customers coming alive in more
ways than one!

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to Martin H. Eastburn :

How about the Unix to Dos and Dos to Unix utilities!

UUENCode.exe - Wtar.exe Unix2Dos.exe Dos2unix.exe Hex40bin.exe

I have an archive of them.

Those are obviously the ones to run on DOS. The unix ones have
the same names (all lower case), without the ".exe" -- except for the
hex40bin one, which I think is for dealing with older Mac archives. And
you left out uudecode(1). (For those who don't know -- the "(1)" at the
end of the program names is a clue that they are in section one of the
unix man pages -- therefore they are commands. And -- it is not typed
when typing the command name to execute it. "(2)" is for system calls
in c, "(3)" is library functions in c. Various other meanings for the
other digits, which may vary from unix flavor to unix flavor.

All of the named programs come with most flavors of unix, except
the "hex40bin" one listed above.

Enjoy,
DoN.