Mike Graham

Default Sweeping in mill head

In article , Jim Stewart wrote:

I often tilt the head of my mill and I'm looking for
a cheap and simple way to sweep it back into alignment.

The snazziest setup that I have seen to zero it back up is a system
wherein there is a bar sticking out from the back of the head which
registers in two dimensions on two dial indicators mounted to the ram of the
mill. So you clock in the mill head once with reeeeeally good accuracy,
then you set the two dial indicators to zero at that point. Now if the head
moves you can get it back to zero/zero position. The commercial system
isn't cheap, but for the cost of a couple of cheap dial indicators you could
make it happen.

http://www.metalmangler.com| Caledon, Ontario, Canada