Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

Default Revised new FAQ now available

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:41:12 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 00:44:19 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:50:15 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 01:11:45 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 23:45:01 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

In my experience may people don't even know they have an immersion until
you point it out.

Too true: came across a brand spanking new upmarket flat with an Ideal
I-whateveritscalled boiler+unvented cyl and the immersion was switched on
full time, presumably because it was on an unlabelled neon switch next to
the FCU which it seemed obvious to switch on.

My C&G 6084 tutor pointed out that in some flats there's just nowhere
to site a condi where the flue isn't too close to the boundary. Also
I'm not sure I've even seen a bb in a flat, but I suppose there must be
some.

According to the ODPM the angle of the flue should be taken into
account. So if the flue's straight out through the wall even if it's
close to the boundary there shouldn't be a problem.

True, but to put a condensing flue through the wall of the
kitchen of a flat which is next door to - and about 1m away from the
window of - the lounge of the flat next door then that's quite likely
to wind up the nieigbours. I think that's what our tutor was getting at.