Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Default Very slow leak in a pressurised heating system

nrh wrote:
.... snipped

As suggested in the FAQ, (and I have had to resort to this while I await the
arrival on my new expansion vessel), try creating a temporary expansion
'vessel' from one of the least used rads on the circuit. You'll have to
drain it of liquid first, and then shut off just one of the valves allowing
one connection to operate as the pressure 'overflow' into the rad. When I
did that, my pressure loss which was previously at around half a bar per
day, almost stopped completely and now drops less than that in a week. ;-)

hth
Nigel

Thanks for pointing that out (and for reminding me to look at the FAQ)
but I can't see how adding additional expansion capacity can reduce
leakage, do you mean that your old expansion vessel was faulty?

Dave