Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Electrical - Wiring a pendant light from a cabinet valence

How about putting in a switched outlet instead? I just did this in my
kitchen remodel. I put an outlet horizontal at the top of each cabinet
run. Cabinets are 12" down from the ceiling, and the lower edge of the
outlet is about 1/2 to 1" above the cabinet. With the crown molding on
they are completly hidden from view. I split the duplex outlets so
they are controlled by a dual switch. One controls the above cabinet
lighting - $5 Christmas rope lights laying on top of the cabinet for a
mood/night light effect. The other is for the under cabinet lighting -
hologen plug in kits from Costco - 5 halogens lights for $15. Just
drilled a 1/2" hole in the top and bottom of the cabinet and run the
cord through the inside of the cabinet.