Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fred

Default Question - CD changer alignment

Hi,
When playing a cd, it "skips" forward through the cd and the lens has been
cleaned with no effect. It only plays a few seconds of each song here and
there. I was told at a repair shop that it likely needs to be aligned. If
it was a simple enough repair I figured I would try it.
Thanks

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
m...

"Fred" wrote in message
Is it difficult to align a cd changer? I have an older Denon DCM 440 cd
changer (5 disc tray) that needs alignment. If I can I like to try and
fix things myself and if I screw up it is no big loss in this case.
Thanks for any help.

What makes you think it needs alignment?

Mark Z.