Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
George Woodzell

Default All American Tool & Mfg. die filer

Thanks for the offer, Ron. I believe my machine is complete, too. My
machine has two knobs projecing from the top and bottom of what I'd
call the "drive box" (a rectangular housing on the right-hand side of
the base of the machine.) Can yoiu tell me the purpose of these knobs?

I feel strong resistance when I turn either of the knobs, and the drive
motor noticeably loads down, but I'm reluctant to turn the knobs far
enough to produce any observable effect. I'm guessing the kobs control
the shape of the file's stroke - is that correct?

Thanks for your help.

George

In article r8dvf.37403$Ou3.22937@dukeread09, Ron Moore
wrote:

I don't have the manual but I do have a very complete one if pics will help
or will try to answer any questions.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

"George Woodzell" wrote in message
I have a die filer made by the All American Tool & Mfg. company. Does
anyone have any manuals, parts list, or other information on these
machines?

Thanks

George