Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need source for small tool steel bars, please

Need supplier, please

In some saw mill saws they cut slots from the outer rim to about two
thirds of the way to the middle. They braze bars into these slots that
are about as wide as the saw teeth. These bars help move sawdust out
of the cut as well as helping keep the saw centered. I need a source
for these bars. I have an order now for .125 X. .155 X 2.00" in M-2.

If you wanted to supply these it would be an ongoing business in a lot
of different sizes. The company that used to do this got bought out
by a giant who doesn't think this is worth doing.

Tom Walz

800 346-8274