Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default He said No to Walmart

Dave Lyon wrote:

Here's the deal. I have a truck that will burn E85 without modifications. I
simply pull up to the pump, fill'er up, and drive away. There is a pump that
is on a route that I pass about once per week. When gas got really high a
couple of months ago, I did just that because I could get e85 about $.20 per
gallon cheaper. Now that gas has gone down, the price of E85 is about the
same as gasoline, but I take a 15% hit in fuel economy. When it becomes more
economical (for whatever reason)to burn E85 than gasoline, that's what I,
and many others will do. In the mean time, I know very few people that will
use it when it takes extra money out of their pocket.

Even your usage during the high gas price times doesn't seem to compute
- don't you loose more value by burning 15% more fuel that you gain by
getting 20 cents a gallon off a price in the $2-$3 range (which would
be a less than 10 percent lower price)