Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

Default Advice required on 10 year old central heating system..

In message , alexbartman
writes

I really think you're better off to move in and see what happens but
Power Flushing is really terribly straightforward - and there is
absolutely no need to pay the £650 +VAT that BG want for doing it.
I hired a Power flush pump and chemicals(bought those!!) for the grand
sum of £95 and followed the very detailed instructions to the letter.

Took me 3 hours and it has given my CH and HW a new lease fo life. BG
had told me that the boiler was irrepairable and could not stop it
"kettling". Now it's a smooth and quiet as new and although it wont
last forever (its 18 years old) I have bought time to work out what to
do when im ready to replace it. I hired my unit from Kamco in St
Albans, herts - sure there is soemwhere near you that can do the same

Kamco also sell sludge buster - which might do the job without the need
of a power flush

--
geoff