Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport
Doctor Drivel

Default 'Steam' powered cars...

"DJC" wrote in message
. uk...
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

The VAST MAJORITY ofpeople do NOT exceed 200 miles in a day for most
journeys. That is EASILY catered for on overnight charging at 3KW.

All trtis are to and from your house by and large, or someone elses. Or
the
supermarket - charge in an hour while you shop.

Even in families withmore than one car few want to be limited to a vehicle
that cannot do all kinds of journey as required. I live in a city centre,
I have a car that may not be used for a week or more, many of the trips I
make might be done in something more favoured in economic or ecological
circles; or even not done at all. But sometimes I do need and want to
travel 200km or more at the drop of a hat, or carry awkward loads, or
provide transport for others. And I can't or won't be delayed by the need
to hire or pre-book or constrained by timetables ans schedules that do not
suit.
Until alternative fuels offer equivalent convinience there will be little
demand

That is the whole point, electric can. Once in numbers charging stations
emerge that charge up in 3 to 5 mins.