Posted to uk.d-i-y
nrh

Default Combi Boiler Stops Heating

In oups.com,
scribed:
One other thing. The cold water pressure from my taps is very high, the
hot water tap not so high.

That sounds pretty normal to me and certainly doesn't suggest an incoming
cold water main pressure problem!

I tend to agree with Ed and point the finger towards the secondary Heat
Exchanger which I too had to replace just recently under similar symptoms to
yours. I had to buy a kit which included pipes, so it ended up costing me
just a shade under £100 inc VAT as a DIY fit. However, if you can just get
hold of just the exchanger itself, then it should be somewhat cheaper than
that. Also, don't forget to put some sludge removing chemical such as
Sentinel X400 Desludger (around £15 inc VAT per litre from a good plumbers
merchant) into the system to flush the gunge out, or you will only end up
blocking up the new exchanger again in short measure.

Nigel