Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Default Very slow leak in a pressurised heating system

Nearly a year ago I changed the old vented system to a sealed one,
whilst also adding new rads and splitting it into zones. It all works
well BUT the pressure falls VERY slowly, probably from 1 bar to 0.7 bar
over about 6 weeks.
I can't find any dampness around the rad valves or visible joints so
have resigned myself to waiting for the leak to get worse before I can
find it. Are there any suggestions on how to find the leak, or for
anything I can add to seal the leak (probably not a good idea)?

The GlowWorm book suggests a minimum pressure of 1 bar, is this just to
stop local boiling in the heat exchanger?

Dave