Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

Default full plans submission - plans reqd for wiring ?

On 5 Jan 2006 09:18:16 -0800, wrote:

I am doing a full plans extension. If I include the wiring in the
building control application, do I have to produce some type of plans
for the wiring or not. OR, will I have to do the wiring on
a separate building notice ?
I'm purposefully trying to get opinions on this before I "ask the BCO".
Thanks,
Simon.

I would not include wiring or plumbing, except for notes "to be
decided on site in consultation with customer, and inspected to
whatever, and use whatever brand of equipment.

There are a few rules with boiler ratings and stuff, with you can have
a written note for.

The BCO is gonna care little, other than to check the right certs are
completed at the end.

He will want to see Smoke Alarms and the like.

In "full plans" he is supposed to check what you send in is right,
before you start building, so he will come back with questions if the
detail is insufficient.

Rick