Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E

Default Pull down attic ladder - Help

"kam" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am a senior and find it difficult to climb the attic with
conventional ladder .. The opening
for the attic is 28 in x 21 in . Can some one suggest a convinient pull
down attic ladder
for me . I need to go and check up the attic as the Air handler and
water heater are
located on the attic . Pl. Help .

Regards ,
Kam

I'd suggest that you have a contractor open up the existing access panel and
install some drop-cown stairs.
They come in a variety of prices with the ease of operation and stability
generally increasing with the cost.
I bought the cheapest for my shop and they are adequate but stiff to pull
down. My buddy spent nealy
twice what I did and his operate much more smoothly. Figure on $100 for
steps and materials - the
labor will vary according to your location. Maybe a tradesman will post
more accurately for you.