Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Funny repeat problem with a 60 inch RCA PTK195AC (model P60812BL)

I looked very carefully in the area below the CRT to optic interface
and then all over the boards. I also ran my finger under and around
the plastic cover area over the projection tubes where I would think
there would be residue if there was a leak. I then looked over both
the main boards. I sure don't think there is a leak. The boards look
very clean except a very slight dust due to the years of just sitting
around.

Again, do you think that the EPROM could cause a complete lack of the
projection tubes putting out any light? The only evidence that the TV
is working is the regular starting sequence, normal sound and a glow of
the filiments from the projection tubes.