Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default An acronym free musing about hired turners. L&S(long and silly)

As far as I know, plagiarism has supplanted art versus craft as a
woodturner's version of the unexamined life. I don't have a signature
piece that's mine alone since, if I remember correctly, the original
forms and beauties designed by the Deity or evolved by nature are now in
the public domain. Sad to say, nobody has ever wanted to steal my
concepts so I'll whine about a variant instead. (for brevity, insert a
smiley icon here and explain it fully in several languages)

I refer to outsourcing or assigning work in-house by the more acclaimed
and busy luminaries among us. Of course this never actually happens in
the innocent antiseptic world of the turned wood art business as it does
in other less ethical artistic endeavors such as painting, sculpture and
little league. (insert acronym for 'tongue in cheek' with full
explanations in pidgeon English, Sanskrit and Esperanto)

Anyway just to suggest a hypothetical argument to fan the flames; does
it somehow seem not quite right for a busy 'Leading Light' (definition:
a turner who publishes excessively so as not to perish) to have work
begun and mostly turned or finished by a talented but unknown
journeyman; barely touched by himself, yet signed and sold as a 'Mr.
Wonderful' original?

Just a Crotchety old Coot's acronym free musing that's necessarily long;
a myth and a delusion. I'm sure no woodturning guru ever demeaned the
craft in this manner. (insert ethnically neutral acronym for 'in my
humble opinion' and add a racially blind, politically proper and
religiously unestablished abbreviation for the four letter word.....
'grin')

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter