Posted to rec.woodworking
Len Rauth

Default waterbed pedestal w/ drawers

Phisherman wrote in
:

I need to build a queen-size waterbed pedestal with 6 drawers, and
maybe a cubby. The drawers will hold sheets, pillow cases, blankets,
etc. Anyone have some basic plans that uses minimal wood, yet strong
enough? thanks

I know that you were looking for plans, but have you considered buying one?
Waterbeds are considerably less popular now than they once were. When I
got married, we got rid of my wife's queen for $50. Pedestal, frame,
headboard, and mattress.

I know of people who have just given them away as well. Depending on where
you live, they can be easily had for free.

I don't know that I have ever seen anything other than 2x pine stock for
construction, though. So if you were looking for something other than
that, you would likely have to build.

Good luck,
Len