Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Ketchum

Default CNC Routing

"Steve B" wrote in message
news:aU2vf.6890$JT.1789@fed1read06...
What is the price range for CNC routing? I mean the type of routing that
is done by a sensor that touches/reads the pattern, then transfers it to
wood and carves out what it senses. Or that follows a CAD type program.
Are there any pantogram types of apparatuses that do this manually rather
than by CNC?

I just happened to see an episode of the New Yankee Workshop (I believe it
was part of the 2005 season) where Nahm goes back to the sign shop that made
the NYW sign. They had a cnc router set up with a v groove bit cutting
letters in large signs. It used a computer program to set up the job and
transfer it to the cnc. Norm asked how much the setup cost and the guy said
$10,000.

Frank