Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default waterbed pedestal w/ drawers

"Phisherman" wrote in message
I need to build a queen-size waterbed pedestal with 6 drawers, and
maybe a cubby. The drawers will hold sheets, pillow cases, blankets,
etc. Anyone have some basic plans that uses minimal wood, yet strong
enough? thanks

Have you checked a water bed store? It is shockingly surprising how little
wood is used and how flimsy all of them are until you add hundreds of pounds
of water on top to stabilize the whole structure. Additionally I am shocked
that each time that I set my sister in-laws water bed up that it continues
to hold up. I know that the bed has been moved 6+ times in 20 years. Hers
is a king size with 12 drawers.