Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Default Pneumatic nailer, etc.

FDR wrote:
I'm going to be framing in a wall and doorway soon and could probably do it
the old fashioned nail and hammer way like I've done before. But I have
thought about getting a compressor tank and nail gun to do the job instead.
I am doing it in an area with finished rooms and was wondering if the
repeated hammering would disturb the plaster ceilings/walls, and thought
that maybe the pneumatic way would cause less vibration? Also, I have never
used a pneumatic nailer before so I thought it would be fun to have one!

Also, are there combination nailers that can do both framing and
trim/molding work?

Thanks

To answer your questions, a nail gun will provide
far less vibration than a hammer. You may still
get some damage, but it should be minimal unless
the existing walls and ceilings are really fragile.

No, you need different guns for framing and
trim/molding.

If you know nothing about guns, you need to talk
to a counterman about clipped heads, angle of the
gun, sizes, etc.