Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Annetts

Default flooring fitting question

Hello
tippi

I have installed similar product and at first they did not fit together when
I tried them. what I did was to temporary screw a board parallel to the
flooring strips and drive a wedge (made from a piece of your flooring)
between the board and your flooring product. this will force the joints
tight. Once your glue is set up you can remove the wedge and temporary
board. you can do this at the ends as well. Just make sure not to bugger up
the tongue or groove (this is why we use a piece of the flooring itself).
You can make them too tight so be careful as the seam will rise slightly and
show up. Duct tape also works well. fasten it to the piece you are
installing and stretch it and fasten it to the adjasent piece and it will
pull the pieces together. If you have any residue use we-40 and it takes it
right off.

good luck
Mike

"Tippi" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have purchased some tongue and grove bamboo flooring. Got it
delivered this afternoon. I just tried fitting a few pieces together,
to my dismay they don't fit properly. Please see
http://tinyurl.com/78br8
(pardon the barrel distortion of my digicam)

They are to be installed by myself and friend, glued down over Regupol
over concrete. Which of the following is true?

1. after a day or two they should acclimatize and fit better
2. tapping with hammer during installation will fix it
3. I got a bad product (they came in plain white boxes with no
branding)

Thanks in advance!