Posted to alt.home.repair
thehick

Default How do I know if the electricity to light switch is off?

"I know how to tell if a light fixture's power is off - the
light goes out!"
You don't have the first clue about electricity. Please don't
do anything. You are wrong wrong wrong. A light can be off
and have full power. plenty of times the switch will be after
the light. or an outlet could have a bad neutral but a good
ground. SHOCKING!!! I'd suggest you find a buddy who does
know something and is willing to help you. At the very least
check everything with a meter. all wires to ground and across
all wire combinations. even then, wear some rubber shoes.
this isn't complicated but it can kill you.
....thehick