Posted to alt.home.repair
spudnuty

Default Bathtub plunger broke off...HELP!

Mike wrote:
The bathtub plunger that is normally connected to the drain assembly located
under the faucet has disconnected from the linkage.

Can anyone suggest how I might go about retrieving the plunger without
disassembling my pipes from the basement?

Thanks

So this is one of those old fasioned drain stoppers attached to a lever
on the overflow plate?
Did you take that plate off? You should be able to see the end of the
linkage and grab it. If it's lower it might take a needle nose plier or
vice grip. I also find a mosquito hemostat is good for this kind of
work. If it's really deep, dental mirror, fiber optic flashlignt and
cleverly bent coat hanger. Also good for this is one of those
"grabbers" they sell at the auto parts store for retrieving head bolts
you drop into engine cylinders.
Richard