Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default Furnace Fan "auto" vs "ON"

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:09:44 GMT, CJT wrote:

Bob wrote:

I've had my fan switch set to 'on' for the last 15 years. Costs a little
more than a 100 watt light bulb to run,

Are you sure about that? I think mine draws about 5 amps.

My (gas) furnace consumes .14A with the fan off. 6.9A with it on.
That's with no heat.

but stopping and starting is worse
for an air cooled motor than leaving it on. Make sure you keep the air
filter clean. You'll sleep better, and the temperatures will be more even.

"c_shah" wrote in message
oups.com...

Furnace fan can be set to "auto" and "ON", I ususally keeps it on the
"auto"

I think when you keep the fan "ON" the fan will run contineously while
on "auto" it will start and stop automatically as per the need.

Does anyone know which weather condition you should keep the fan to
"ON"? Thanks in advance.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com