Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

Default toshiba DVD sled

"Arfa Daily" writes:

"Erich J. Schultheis, The Man with the 15 inch Cock."
wrote in message
oups.com...

BOB URZ wrote:
I had a toshiba sd-3109u DVD player come in that would not play.
took it apart, and saw the disks were loading OK. Press play and i could
hear the laser trying to focus, but NO platter motor spin.
Took the laser sled out (79070415). If i put 3 to 5 volts on the motor,
i could get it to spin if i helped it start by hand. But even then it
was drawing over 2 amps so something does not seem to be right.
the numbers on the platter motor are CL903T C9316A.
It seems to have a hall sensor on it too. Anyone know where
to get just the platter motor?

Ignore those other gues. Sure, throwing it in the trash may be what
eventuall happens, but there's a lot that can be checked out first.

If it's a normal permanent magnet DC motor, try a quick spray of
degreaser through the holes in the back to clear the crud off the
commutator.

See:

http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/cdfaq.htm#cdrevpsepm