Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default OT - Stella

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:33:40 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Russ
Kepler quickly quoth:

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Russ Kepler" wrote in message

Why don't you stick a thermometer in the output of your coffee maker and
test the primary part of the story here - that McDonalds is selling
coffee at a dangerous temperature?

Ok, but not tonight. But I consider my coffee maker to be a little cold and
I only use it when I'm in a hurry. Normally I boil water on the stove and
pour it immediately through a coffee-filled cone filter. It ain't gourmet,
but that gives me a much better flavor and fragrance than any coffee maker
I've tried.

That might be because the coffee maker is designed to run
lower-than-boiling water through the coffee, this to reduce the chance
that some of the more bitter compounds come out of the ground. I'd be
interested in the temperature of both if you have a chance.

I just checked my Mr. Coffee machine with an old candy/deep fry
thermometer and it first came out at 150, slowly raising to 185°F
(out of the drip basket, not the heated carafe) after a couple
minutes. (Caution: kids, don't try this at home.)

Someone tell Stella. Here's another hot, deep-pocketed lawsuit victim
just _waiting_ to be sued!

--
If you turn the United States on its side,
everything loose will fall to California.