Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
J. Clarke

Default OT - Stella

zadoc wrote:

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 00:49:38 -0000, "tg"
wrote:

"Guido" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 15:16:41 -0800, Stuart Grey
wrote:

rigger wrote:

No one in my family was either stupid enough to burn themselves that
way, nor would they have blamed someone else for their own stupidity and
plundered the hell out of them with the aid of a legal pirate.

Are you sure?

That it happened in a drive thru compounds the injury as McDonald's
ought to have been aware that the manipulation of a coffee container
in a vehicle is more likely to cause a spillage then in other
situations. IOW McDonald's could anticipate the risk.

what utter bull****.
If I give you a cup of hot coffee and then you decide to put it in your
lap and drive off then I'm not going to take any blame if you spill it
while you're driving. The slightest thought that I should be responsible
is insanity.

Be that as it may, it doesn't matter a damn what you, or even I,
think. It is what the courts and juries think.

And given that the stupid old bat's lawyers, having pulled a miracle and won
the trial, told her to accept a settlement with a secrecy clause that
prevented her from going on the talk show circuit it seems pretty clear
what they thought would be their chances on appeal.

Cheers,

Geez, if you're typical of what lives in Oz these days God help you.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate