Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Furnace Fan "auto" vs "ON"

Air-cooled direct-drive blower motors can be run all the time, but you
should have a properly sized duct system, and keep your filter clean. It's
much worse to stop and start them all the time. Once those motors get going,
they have very little strain on them.

"Pop" wrote in message
LOL! Bob, you're either leaving out some relevant facts, or
you're lying, I'm not sure which! Also, most fan motors aren't
continuous duty in the way you're claiming to use them.

What's missing from your post? Or are you just full of it?

Pop

"Bob" wrote in message
: I've had my fan switch set to 'on' for the last 15 years. Costs
a little
: more than a 100 watt light bulb to run, but stopping and
starting is worse
: for an air cooled motor than leaving it on. Make sure you keep
the air
: filter clean. You'll sleep better, and the temperatures will be
more even.
:
: "c_shah" wrote in message
: oups.com...
: Furnace fan can be set to "auto" and "ON", I ususally keeps
it on the
: "auto"
:
: I think when you keep the fan "ON" the fan will run
contineously while
: on "auto" it will start and stop automatically as per the
need.
:
: Does anyone know which weather condition you should keep the
fan to
: "ON"? Thanks in advance.
:
: