Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default White gloss latex looks blue in the can?

bryer wrote:
It's been a while since I painted anything. I just opened a can of gloss
white acrylic latex to use on door moldings and I see bluish swirls. Does
anyone know if this is normal? I thought white was supposed to be white.

Color (or colour) perception isn't as simple as we may think it is.

This site's examples blew me away the first time I visited it:

http://tinyurl.com/3ovoq

I didn't really believe them until I used an image processing program to
cut out little pieces of the "same color" sections and paste them side
by side on a white background. Yikes!

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia