Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Loblaw

Default GE TV model 32GT720, Ch. CTC203CY loss of audio

See my post about this above (or below)

"Matthew Graham" wrote in message
just to let people know, unplugging my tv for a little more than 1 hour
has solved the problem. i guess it's an easy fix. thank for the help

Matt

"Matthew Graham" wrote in message
i know this is not an answer to your question, but i am currently
experiencing a similar problem with my 35' set. i've owned it now for 6
years without any problem. last night (1/2/06) i turned the channel and
had static noise instead of sound. i found this on 99% of the channels.
only 3 and 6 (pbs stations) had sound. and it wasn't in sync with the
picture. it was some sort of public radio. i checked all the other sets
in the house and ruled out problem with the cable. so now i'm wondering
what's wrong and if it's fixable. i'll try unplugging it for a while as
someone else suggested, but if anyone else can help, i'd be thankful.

Matt

wrote in message
oups.com...
The customer said that while changing channels she lost the sound. The
set was brought in here and after being unplugged for almost a week we
powered it up, autoprogrammed it and the sound seems fine. I do not
have cable so it is set for off air channels, not that I would think
that would make any difference. Its been running for a few hours now
and I have tried changing channels a few times and it has not quit,
yet.....
I have had some of these CTC203 series sets come in here before with
odd complaints and just like this one after having been unplugged for
awhile we plug them in, do the autoprogram and have had many go back
out again after never being able to confirm the customers complaint.
Does anyone have any theories as to what may be going on with these
sets, particularly this one? All these lucky Thomson owners couldn't be
crazy, could they? Thanks for any advice. Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics.