Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ken Moon

Default abbreviations

"George" George@least wrote in message

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
news:eQLuf.1327$QI6.1126@trnddc07...
"Leo Lichtman" wrote:
So--as you get older, more experienced and more informed, you
perception is that you are constantly becoming more ignorant. You
arrive at the end of life totally frustrated, or senile.

Or, You Just Don't Care!

Ah yes, the ignorance = bliss approach. Saw a lot of that, and not just
in the kids. You have to know enough to know that you know too little.
Of course, when you don't you can be confident in the rightness of your
opinions.

George,
A lot of what your'e seeing is a result of the indoctrination in "self
esteem", whether deeserved or not. The natural outgrowth of all this is "
I'm impressed with myself, so I can't be wrong". My wife is a prof. at a
community college and she's seeing this a lot now. FWIW

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.