Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mike Berger

Default abbreviations

Isn't clarity the point of communications? Why make it more
obscure than necessary? It's also very selfish and ethnocentric,
since this newsgroup encompasses a worldwide community. It's
enough that we force everybody to use English. We shouldn't
also force them to learn silly jargon... unless they're
middle school kids using ICQ.

Bruce Barnett wrote:

Either you learn the terminology by reading and waiting, or you learn
how to use the tools of the Internet. I think the second is more
useful, which is why my first response to this thread told readers to
use google to search this newsgroup for acronyms used here.