Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Default Bandsaw adjustment

Barry said:

Thanks in advance. Spend most of my hobby time metalworking but
occasionally need to do something in wood. I am having trouble with my
bandsaw. It is an inexpensive RIGID. The problem is that it only cuts a
curve in one direction. If I go the other direction, the blade just twists

I can't say that I've ever seen this, but my first suspicion would be
that the set on your blade teeth is not symmetrical. Have you tried a
different blade? Is the band width small enough to allow cutting the
radius you desire? DAGS to find a chart listing the largest blade to
be used with a given radius cut.

FWIW,

Greg G.