Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
TDKozan

Default OT - Stella

Jeff McCann wrote:
snip

. . . This is commonly known as "gagging." Don't confuse jargon with
hyperbole. When a judge prevents the parties from talking, it's called a
"gag ruling." As for "victim," that's what the verdict established she was:
the victim of negligence by McDonald's. .

snip

Jeff

I was done with this thread and will (REALLY!) drop it after this but
in the spirit of never leaving well-enough alone:

If you aren't *willing* to be misunderstood, *don't* use jargon. It's
fine if you're shooting the bull with your buddies after a hard day on
the job but, using it on anyone else is an invitation to be taken out
of context at best, or as patronising in the worst case. And yah, I
know how hard it is too, it's always tempting to throw in a little
flavor to enhance your credibility but, if I can keep the chemical
cant, medical jargon, and IT argot out of my conversations, /anybody/ can.

Thanks though for explaining your usage.

TK

--
Cogito ergo bibo