Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default Flywheel on a rotary phase convertor

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:45:55 -0600, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Don,

See my previous post, where I tried to show 2 induction motors operating
from single phase current in a RPC configuration cannot be in parallel.

I saw it. I just don't agree with it. See recent post showing things
in 3D.

Transform to Y using the usual Y-delta transforms if you like. See
any textbook on the subject.

In the Y case they don't look in parallel if there is no neutral
connection. However, since a delta depiction clearly shows that they
*ARE* in parallel, they are in freakin' parallel, BOB! Must I glue
up some popsicle sticks for you?

Can you explain the discrepancy? :)

Hint: if there is no potential between unconnected points (the
neutrals in a Y configuration) then they are effectively connected.

Don "half-cocked" Foreman
half cocked my arse....grumble mutter ....chuckle