Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred

Default Daisy chaining three radiators off a single trv

In article . com,
Seri writes
Hello and a joyous new year to one and all, I have a hopefully a very
quick and simple question.
Our kitchen has a small bay window that currently also houses a tiny
radiator that seems to be neither use nor ornament. I've taken
measurements and worked out that I can just fit three radiators into
the space, one along each edge of the bay but I doubt I can squeeze a
TRV onto each as well.
Is it feasible to fit a single TRV onto the first radiator and then
simply daisy chain the other two from it to effectively make one large
radiator?

Any thoughts on why this would or wouldn't work would be extremely
appreciated.

Weeeeel, yes & no . . . .

First rad will be too hot, last rad will be too cold, but baby bear . . . well,
you get the idea.

In your place I would try to do it with 2 rads instead of 3 and then tweak
the flow so that the overall drop between the 2 was 10 degrees. The
difference in mean radiator temps will so small as to cause little difference.
Even if the boiler is a condensing one, where the drop is meant to be
15-20degrees, having one small radiator pair set to 10 degree drop will not
screw up your system balance too much.

HTH
--
fred