Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Musty Whirlpool Washing Machine

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 00:48:16 GMT, "Art"
wrote:

We have the fix and there is no mildew whatsoever after it. By the way, I
examined the removed components when the fixed were done and the mildew
problem was pretty much all up front and easily cleaned. We never
considered it much of a problem.... we just kept the low part of the rubber
seal clean and dry after laundry.

Did people who had this problem leave the door ajar when the washer
wasn't in use?

I don't do that for my top loader or for my dishwasher, but would have
made a difference in this case, without doing the fix?

"z" wrote in message
roups.com...

Ron G wrote:

She advises us (again) to buy a front loading washer, as they never
build up fibers that stink and rot. Plus she ads that no one sells top
think.

don't know about the current batch, but the original Maytag
front-loader Neptunes, even after the factory authorized retrofit of a
different door gasket, are major mildew breeders because they never
drain and dry the door gaskets completely. I mean, really repulsive,
even with periodic bleaching and all. So dont believe your salescritter.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.