Posted to alt.home.repair
bryer

Default White gloss latex looks blue in the can?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

"bryer" wrote in message
. ..

It's been a while since I painted anything. I just opened a can of gloss
white acrylic latex to use on door moldings and I see bluish swirls.
Does anyone know if this is normal? I thought white was supposed to be
white.

Blue is often added to white to make it appear whiter. It is probably
OK. Try a small spot if you have doubts.

Thanks, I did a test spot and I'll wait to see how it dries. I was hoping
it was some industry thing that I didn't know about.

blue makes white appear whiter, hmm

*note to self, go back to kindergarten and learn about colors again.