Posted to sci.electronics.repair
BigMike

Default JVC 56WP30, bad convergence ICs. Which resistors go bad?

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 07:02:30 -0600, John-Del wrote:

Buy a DVM and check the handful of resistors around the STKs. There
aren't more than a dozen.....

John

Hi John. I've been in business for over 30 years, so I have plenty of
DVMs. I just wanted a heads up on this chassis before I dug in. I found a
2.2 ohm resistor open. The set works great, but the auto convergence only
brought the center in close. I was able to set it manually though. The
heatsinks the STKs are mounted on run pretty hot, but the chips themselves
seem to be running within a reasonable range. Is it normal for the
heatsinks to run hot on these chips?