Andrew Gabriel

Default socket and light switch heights

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
Christian McArdle wrote:

My builder is telling me that building regs now states that socket and
switch heights should be greater than 450mm and less than 1200mm from the
finished floor level.

I thought it only applied to rooms likely to be used by visitors (or any
room if expected to be occupied by disabled persons). Upstairs rooms,
kitchens etc. were exempt. I may well be wrong.

You are. I thought so to, and had to move the ***ing lot after the
Inspector called.

Wheelchair access applies to one entrance on one storey and to get to
one bog.

Electrical regs apply throughout. Presumably even in the loft. :-)

This isn't in any 'Electrical regs' though.

--
Andrew Gabriel