Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Funny repeat problem with a 60 inch RCA PTK195AC (model P60812BL)

John-Del wrote:
Sounds like a coolant leak. Look at the front of the signal board for
any clear liquid. I had several that caused intermittent picture.

John

I agree, it really sounds like a simple case of crt coolant leaking
somewhere on a circuit board. Trying to tell someone a specific
location to look is not going to help as the coolant could be anywhere.
It will take a good visual inspection of the boards.

A second possibility is some glue under a surface mount capacitor could
have gone conductive on the clock or data lines. Another hard one to
find for someone who has not had to sit and troubleshoot the light box
for weeks in the shop.

An eeprom is 99% sure not the problems here.

David