Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

Default Making a plane hammer

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 21:02:38 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark
& Juanita quickly quoth:

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 19:44:01 -0600, Patriarch
wrote:

"AAvK" wrote in news:Tepuf.2550$eR.2403@fed1read03:

I remember that price, and thought about it. But these days as values
grow and change and mature in "neander" thinking... not a chance in
the almighty face of human creativity! Even then, if I were to buy
one, it would be the Knight. But thanks.

Steve's hammers are made by Chester Tool Works.

http://www.chestertoolworks.com/

They're sweet.

And they're not cheap! I just can't get my head around paying
$50 for a hammah. I simply can't, crowbars notwithstanding.

Just got an LV catalog today. Price for said plane hammer is $19.50 US

Confirmed. I just figured out my pricing error. The page defaulted
to Canuckistani Ducats vs. Devalued Shrubbucks. Mea culpa. The price
is just $19.50USD

--
If you turn the United States on its side,
everything loose will fall to California.