Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Pope Secola VI

Default OT - Stella

TDKozan wrote:
Jeff McCann wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message

[
The 2005 Stella Awards

It's time once again to review the winners of the Annual "Stella
Awards." The Stella Awards are named after 81 year-old Stella Liebeck
who
spilled hot coffee on herself and successfully sued McDonald's (in
NM). That
case inspired the Stella awards for the most frivolous, ridiculous,
successful lawsuits in the United States.

The Myth of Stella Liebeck and the McDonald's Coffee "Frivolous" Lawsuit

snip cut-n-paste plagiarism

Jeff

Do you cook Jeff? Have a coffee maker? A meat thermometer? Would you
care to try what I just did and go brew yourself a pot?

It's okay, we'll wait.

Now, drop the thermometer into the pot of coffee and tell us what it
reads. I've just tested my Krups and my spare Mr. Coffee, both of
which were manufactured after Ms Liebeck became a victim [sic] of
McDonald's reckless attempt to squeeze a few more pennies of profit
out of their coffee [sic]. My Krups holds its coffee at 167° F and Mr.
Coffee at 174° F. I could test my French Press too, but it would read
over 190° F so I'll spare you the added embarrassment. So much for your
well-established industry standard [sic] when even consumer-grade
equipment, manufactured by companies already hyper-cautious of
litigation, exceeds your "standard".

Crap, if you're going to steal someone else's work and present it as
your own, at least steal from someone who has a passing familiarity
with the material they're trying to fob off as fact.

Oh, nice spin job presenting Ms Liebeck as having been "gagged" too.
If there was any gagging, Ms L. did it to herself, freely, willingly,
and (I suspect) enthusiastically, when she signed the settlement to
get her hands on the money.

TK

That is the stock and trade of a lawyer. They can only win cases when
they twist and miss represent the facts to such an extent that the poor
jury is so bamboozled that all they remember is the Crying of the
plaintive in court room when cued by their lawyer. Beside the Lawyer
tells the Jury that they must award big bucks, to hurt the MacDonald's
of the world the only way they can (through the pocket books). What
they don't tell you is the Lawyer got 40% of the money and the cost of
your big Mac went from $.99 to $1.29.

Of course Jeff didn't tell you of all the environmental law suits that
were brought against MacDonald's that forced them to change from
Styrofoam cups (highly insulative) to paper cups (don't hold heat well).

Now when you buy a cup of coffee at MacDonald's at their 135 degrees by
the time you get to your table it is cold. And cold coffee tastes like
****.

I think we need to pass a law that the legal profession can be a victim
of any crime except murder. When we get the right to put a bullet
through lawyers it will once again become an honorable profession
instead of a profession of fast buck artists,
Censorship and Gun Control are the political equivalent of binding and
gagging a victim before raping and mugging them.

Such acts are carried out by the same thugs, one with a law degree from
a state pen, the other a law degree from a university for the same sick
perverted purposes which are to remove you from your property, liberty
and dignity, and bend you to will of others.