Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
TDKozan

Default OT - Stella

Jeff McCann wrote:
"Cliff" wrote in message

[
The 2005 Stella Awards

It's time once again to review the winners of the Annual "Stella
Awards." The Stella Awards are named after 81 year-old Stella Liebeck
who
spilled hot coffee on herself and successfully sued McDonald's (in
NM). That
case inspired the Stella awards for the most frivolous, ridiculous,
successful lawsuits in the United States.

The Myth of Stella Liebeck and the McDonald's Coffee "Frivolous" Lawsuit

snip cut-n-paste plagiarism

Jeff

Do you cook Jeff? Have a coffee maker? A meat thermometer? Would
you care to try what I just did and go brew yourself a pot?

It's okay, we'll wait.

Now, drop the thermometer into the pot of coffee and tell us what it
reads. I've just tested my Krups and my spare Mr. Coffee, both of
which were manufactured after Ms Liebeck became a victim [sic] of
McDonald's reckless attempt to squeeze a few more pennies of profit
out of their coffee [sic]. My Krups holds its coffee at 167° F and
Mr. Coffee at 174° F. I could test my French Press too, but it would
read over 190° F so I'll spare you the added embarrassment. So much
for your well-established industry standard [sic] when even
consumer-grade equipment, manufactured by companies already
hyper-cautious of litigation, exceeds your "standard".

Crap, if you're going to steal someone else's work and present it as
your own, at least steal from someone who has a passing familiarity
with the material they're trying to fob off as fact.

Oh, nice spin job presenting Ms Liebeck as having been "gagged" too.
If there was any gagging, Ms L. did it to herself, freely, willingly,
and (I suspect) enthusiastically, when she signed the settlement to
get her hands on the money.

TK

--
Cogito ergo bibo