Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Siggy

Default O.T.Bush's Intellect

Why is everyone so down on C level students at Yale? Many posts have
described Yale as an elite institution that generally has the cream of the
crop for the student body and they would likely be right.

Yale, like virtually every other accredited college and university assigns
grades based on the standard bell curve. This means that exactly 60% of the
student body gets a C for a grade, C being the average or center part of the
bell. In other words, everyone between the 20th percentile and the 80th
percentile are C students. One would have to be either quite outstanding or
quite the buffoon to get anything else.

So, you have a couple of guys - Bush and Kerry - who are average among an
elite population. That still leaves them both in some pretty outstanding
company!

Robert

"Hawke" wrote in message

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 22:49:13 -0500, Ed Huntress

wrote:
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
What was Bush into Engineering ?

History. He was a history major at Yale, and got a C average. Think

about
it.

Didn't kerry eventually release his academic records, which showed he
was an equally iffy student?

Yep, Kerry's academic performance at Yale was equally as bad as Bush's.
Although listening to them talk you would never know it. The thing I don't
understand is how could Bush ever get into grad school. There is something
very fishy there. From personal experience I know that the standards to
get
into grad school are high. From what I know there is no grad school that
would accept "C" level students in their program. I would suspect that in
the Ivy league it would be even harder than most schools. In Bush's case I
can only chalk it up, like everything else, to his connections.

Hawke